"Just Tell Them...

I have worked 40 years to make the Women's Suffrage platform broad enough for Atheists and Agnostics to stand upon, and now if need be I will fight the next 40 to keep it Catholic enough to permit the straightest Orthodox religionist to speak or pray and count her beads upon."

Susan B. Anthony

Friday, December 12, 2008

Stray Dawg Strikes Out On Her Own, Yet Again....

My affinity with dawgs (dogs) is threefold. If all goes as planned, those three facets are set to be integrated... right here... in the fourth version of "Stray Dogs That Amble In."

Allow me to explain.....

First off, I am a feminist in the tradition of Susan B. Anthony. The phrase "stray dogs that amble in" is actually one of hers. From:

Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave. Our lives are measured by these

Second .... I *was* formerly a "Yellar Dawg Democrat." Meaning that I had voted the party line for my entire life.... until 2008. During the primary season that year, I saw my "Yellar Dawgness" come into direct conflict with my Feminism. Hence, I have strayed. And, quite frankly... I am enjoying the freedom. Not sure I'll ever be back!

Finally, when it comes to dogs (and cats)... they are my life. I am a full time pet rescuer and have, in fact, rescued many REAL yellow dogs over the years. The one you see here was named Truman. He was rescued from an Indiana Pound, was adopted from me last year, and is living "happily ever after" with his loving family somewhere up east.

My most recent political blawgery is at TEAM SARAH
but I am really not *only* a Team Sarah supporter. I am much more than that! And I'm far too "liberal" to be confined there (as you will no doubt tell by the blogs I link to here.)

Before I blawged at Team Sarah, I was at CAPITAL HILL which is where I got to know many of my current blawging friends! I have found, though, that I am a little too "conservative" to be contained there. (Mind boggling, to me, but so be it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment