"Just Tell Them...

I have worked 40 years to make the Women's Suffrage platform broad enough for Atheists and Agnostics to stand upon, and now if need be I will fight the next 40 to keep it Catholic enough to permit the straightest Orthodox religionist to speak or pray and count her beads upon."

Susan B. Anthony

Sunday, January 25, 2009

"If your heart were sincere and upright .....


every creature would be unto you a looking-glass of life and a book of holy doctrine."

Thomas a Kempis


I'm diverging from Feminist politics for a day. It is Sunday after all. Plus, it has been a busy week and I am tired.

This is the first in a series of "gratefulness quotes" I will share, here at Stray Dawg Blawg. When I need a break. And some peace. The quote arrives, courtesy of the Gratefulness Network. (If you had signed up for their daily quote... this is the one you would have received this morning.)

I like the fact that the first quote to reach my inbox from them, is appropriate to my life as a rescuer. It's fortuitous, I think. A good omen.

The network also has a beautiful page about the significance of animals in our lives, if we but open our hearts to them. It's called ANGELS AND ANIMALS.

This is Corky. He'll be coming to me when I return from CT next month. I have just sent off the money for him to get his vet care done while he is waiting for me. I love the clear, bright look in his eyes, don't you?

SYD

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! OH HOW WONDERFUL - Every time an animal finds a goodhome, my life is better for it.

    Thank You Thank You

    ReplyDelete