"Just Tell Them...
I have worked 40 years to make the Women's Suffrage platform broad enough for Atheists and Agnostics to stand upon, and now if need be I will fight the next 40 to keep it Catholic enough to permit the straightest Orthodox religionist to speak or pray and count her beads upon."
Susan B. Anthony
Susan B. Anthony
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
PUMA Tag on Inauguration Day
So, it was Heidi Li who tagged me and alerted me to the fact that....
Some in the Pumasphere are playing the following game: if tagged we are asked to write six things about ourselves AND tag six other bloggers to do the same, as part of a way of supplying some diversion for those who will be sauntering the web with care over this weekend.
I noticed that Katalusis was also playing tag at her blog. And so was Anna Belle.
Noting that some of my favorite bloggers were playing, and thinking it a good diversion for the day, I have decided to play along. With a twist. I am going to tell you six things I'll be doing TODAY, the day of the inauguration. And YOU can decide what they actually say about me.
1) I am blogging. I do it every morning. Over coffee. It is a ritual. I read the blogs of others, and write my own. It's a way for me to feel connected to the intellectual world, and to the (real) Feminists that prowl the PUMAsphere.
2) I am dressing my little Jack Russell Terrier up in her "Howl For Hillary" T-shirt. It's cold here in Cincinnati this morning. She is a tiny, short haired girl. So she has several shirts and sweaters. This one, I think, is especially appropriate for today.
3) In a couple of hours I will be swimming then walking. I just changed health clubs.... for a variety of reasons. Not the least of which is to get away from the constant bombardment by televisions at the one I left. I want to walk in peace, and swim in peace. I don't even mind that the new health club is run by the Sisters of Charity and offers "Christ Centered Yoga." It is quiet there! And I love yoga!!
4) This afternoon I will be picking my oldest son up from the airport. He is coming in from Boston, to plan his ordination. He did not make it in for Christmas.... so I have a "Holiday Party" to host over the weekend. We have at least one graduation/ ordination planning session scheduled each day for the coming week. Seriously, this is as intense as was planning his wedding!
5) This evening I am having dinner with my sister and her two adopted girls. And my son, of course. We'll be dining at a Cincinnati based, Italian establishment called "LaRosa's." Whenever Cincinnatians move away.... they MUST have LaRosa's Pizza upon their return. Along with Skyline Chili, Graeter's Ice Cream, and Montgomery Inn Barbeque. It is a law here. (So now you know all of the places I will dine while my son is in town!)
6) I am wearing my WHITE KNOT
Now I get to tag some blogger friends! Let's see.....
Diggins, Not Your Sweetie, Betty Blue, Captain Teresa, Goldie, Spirited Dona