"Just Tell Them...

I have worked 40 years to make the Women's Suffrage platform broad enough for Atheists and Agnostics to stand upon, and now if need be I will fight the next 40 to keep it Catholic enough to permit the straightest Orthodox religionist to speak or pray and count her beads upon."

Susan B. Anthony

Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Own Dedication to the Women of Middle Eastern Music , Part One: Nazanin of Iran

1) Politics have been burning me out, of late. Leaving me bereft in a sea of hopelessness.

2) Remembering Michael Jackson has reminded me just how much my own soul craves the liberation of powerful music.

3) I have been deeply disturbed by the images I see coming out of Iran.

Sooooo......

Percolating these three facts, I've decided that I need a week of liberation. The kind only music can bring.

This week's blogging is dedicated to women artists from the middle east.... beginning with Nazanin's "Someday."



I hope you find this Iranian Woman's music as inspiring as I do!

SYD

No comments:

Post a Comment