"Just Tell Them...

I have worked 40 years to make the Women's Suffrage platform broad enough for Atheists and Agnostics to stand upon, and now if need be I will fight the next 40 to keep it Catholic enough to permit the straightest Orthodox religionist to speak or pray and count her beads upon."

Susan B. Anthony

Monday, November 9, 2009

"Compassion Fatigue" is NOT an Excuse for Terrorism! It is a Real Diagnosis and It Deserves Respect...

I was busy over the weekend. Not much time to blog. But that doesn't mean I was not I watching the saga as it unfolded at Fort Hood. Once again I must thank my PUMA friends for keeping me up to snuff on the nation's hottest news stories!

I am FLABERGHASTED. As are Afrocity and Cynthia Yockey and Uppity Woman.

Despite my Liberal roots and voting record.... I am on the same page with Phyllis Chesler and Murph this time. And that is not likely to change soon.... unless I see mass repudiation of this tyrant, Hassan, by high level Muslims in my community and the world. Clerics staying quiet, and flying below the radar will not garner my support this time.... as it did after 9/11.

I've been listening. And... for the most part.... crickets.

Except, of course, from the apologist Obot legions who want me to believe the "good doctor" was suffering from "Compassion Fatigue."

Oh... and while I'm on that subject .... As a family scientist, I *object* to the deliberate misuse of one of my profession's diagnoses to excuse terrorism.

Sorry, I guess my own "Compassion Fatigue" is setting in.

SYD

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:11 PM

    I keep thinking of the pregnant soldier and her unborn child and the other victims killed or critically injured by this viper in the bosom of our U.S. Armed Forces. My heart goes out to the victims’ families. These are people who volunteered to serve in protecting America and Americans, people who volunteered to protect our freedoms. I cannot muster any sympathy for this rabid killer who coldly, calmly continued to fire more than 100 rounds at his own Army colleagues and American civilians who were trying to run and seek cover from his fanatical rampage. No one forced him to join the U.S. Armed Forces. No one forced him to accept the hard-earned American taxpayer dollars that funded his expensive medical/psychiatric education. No one forced him to accept the paychecks he received for many years as a member of the U.S. Army, also paid for with hard-earned American taxpayer dollars. If he was so torn about serving with the U.S. Armed Forces in combat situations in Iraq or Afghanistan, why did he join to begin with, knowing full well that such service eventually would be required? What about the loyalty oath he took upon joining the U.S. Armed Forces? This man is a cold-blooded killer, a terrorist and a traitor. He should be punished accordingly. (BTW, a radical imam who led two mosques attended by three of the 9/11 terrorists is encouraging others to follow the killer's example. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,573174,00.html Saw a headline on Fox News.) CJK

    ReplyDelete