"Just Tell Them...

I have worked 40 years to make the Women's Suffrage platform broad enough for Atheists and Agnostics to stand upon, and now if need be I will fight the next 40 to keep it Catholic enough to permit the straightest Orthodox religionist to speak or pray and count her beads upon."

Susan B. Anthony

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

When The President Calls About The Vick Dogs...

I wish I could say I'm surprised that Mr. Obama felt the need to weigh in with his praise of psychopathic animal torturer, Michael Vick.

I am not.

4 comments:

  1. Janis1:31 PM

    And yet Sarah Palin can't shoot a moose AND EAT IT.

    Men really can get away with anything -- drug and rape a 13 year old kid, and the world defends you. Torture dogs, the world forgives you.

    Tease your hair and wear makeup if you're a woman, and you deserve death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:06 PM

    I know this hits close to home for you, Syd. It was pretty stupid and short sighted of him.

    Also, agree with Janis, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Stupid and short-sighted." That ought to be a slogan for this presidency. Seriously.

    I hear all the railing about how Palin shot a moose... blah-blah-blah.... and I usually ask them if they've ever eaten anything that has ever lived? (I'm actually OK with hunting, if it's done without torture, and for food.)

    What Vick did was torture. Plain and simple. He clearly enjoyed every ounce of the suffering he inflicted. That makes him a psychopath in my book.

    But, yeah... Vick's a man. So cruelty is OK. Sarah's a woman... so "how dare she eat."

    The world has gone nutso!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janis4:14 PM

    And that's how WOMEN will act, too -- which is an absolute tragic comedy. You know Vick got ENGAGED after all this went down? There was seriously some stupid woman willing to bend over backwards to Forgive the Poor Mayun ... and most women would stone Palin to death. The same damn cadre of idiots who would fall over themselves accepting a marriage proposal from Ted fucking Bundy would shoot another woman for wearing the wrong shoes. Insanity.

    ReplyDelete