"Just Tell Them...

I have worked 40 years to make the Women's Suffrage platform broad enough for Atheists and Agnostics to stand upon, and now if need be I will fight the next 40 to keep it Catholic enough to permit the straightest Orthodox religionist to speak or pray and count her beads upon."

Susan B. Anthony

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Breasts Are Keeping Me Away From Politics, Oh Well...

I am starting to miss all my PUMA friends. And all the blogs I have been so addicted to for the past two years. But... seriously.... sometimes real life takes precedence.

Not only is the rescue work running me ragged. But I just found out a good friend of mine has breast cancer. I hate that. I really do. She of all people... one of the most honest, hard-working, caring people on the planet.

Another friend of mine has delivered a baby at 30 weeks gestation. I drove out to see her today. Her milk supply is not what she wants it to be....

You may wonder what the two cases above have in common. Or what they have to do with me, a pet rescuer??

Well... here's the thing... I spent several years of my life working as a mom/baby nurse and lactation consultant. Ask me a question about breasts... and I can generally answer. With my eyes closed. And hands tied behind my back.

So, here I am, during Women's History Month... returning to the world of breast health. October is supposed to be the month of the pink ribbon... but, no. Not for me. Not this time.

Politics will have to wait.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, SYD, Sending you good vibes and energy from St. Paul this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rev! I can use the good vibes. Not an easy week.... sigh.

    ReplyDelete