"Just Tell Them...

I have worked 40 years to make the Women's Suffrage platform broad enough for Atheists and Agnostics to stand upon, and now if need be I will fight the next 40 to keep it Catholic enough to permit the straightest Orthodox religionist to speak or pray and count her beads upon."

Susan B. Anthony

Sunday, September 11, 2011

I Grieved For the 9/11 Victims For the First Time Last Week, Today I Rejoice!

I watched THIS DOCUMENTARY Thursday evening, and I wept. For the first time since those planes hit the towers.I especially cried when the Rabbi chanted the words of the dying victims.

I've been in denial, I admit. And the reason is simple.

My beautiful daughter was born on 9/11. It is a joyous day for me and my family. And I won't let some Islamist facists take that away from us. Ever.

DD turned 13 the day those planes hit the towers. Yes, I remember it. Well. I sent her to school with a $1 bill pinned to her shirt. About the time folks started greeting her and adding to her stash... the news came into her school. They turned on the TVs. One of her teachers told her they felt sorry for her... having her birthday "forever ruined."

Today my youngest turns 23. She is everything a mother could dream of for her child. An Engineering student with a good GPA, and wonderful job prospects. In a loving, stable relationship. And, as I said, beautiful. By anyone's standards.




I love you DD! Happy Birthday!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:54 AM

    Feliz Navidad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:04 PM

    such a nice tribute

    Happy birthday to a beautiful woman

    ReplyDelete