"Just Tell Them...

I have worked 40 years to make the Women's Suffrage platform broad enough for Atheists and Agnostics to stand upon, and now if need be I will fight the next 40 to keep it Catholic enough to permit the straightest Orthodox religionist to speak or pray and count her beads upon."

Susan B. Anthony

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Pakistan? Swine Flu? I'm Just Too Busy To Care...

It's raining cats and dogs here in Ohio. At least it feels that way. My rescue work is running at full tilt.

Yesterday we took in eight cats. One of them had four tiny, two week old babies.

Today is an "open house" of sorts. For folks who have been waiting to see them. Two are Purebred Maine Coons, which explains the waiting list. This is the Mama of the pair. Her name is Char. She doesn't actually look like this right now. She went to the groomer and got a "lion cut" because her mats were too much to deal with. OMG! Is that ever CUTE!! Looks like a cheerleader in furry go-go boots now.

I am also in a full out search for a rescue cat that has the temperament to do hospice visits with me. And I think I may have found her! Her name is Victoria. Just a plain ol' DLH tabby. Vic is declawed on all fours. Very calm and sweet.

I don't actually believe in declawing cats. My own housecats are not declawed. I don't find claws a problem. BUT..... for the purpose of visiting hospice patients, many of whom are elderly and have very fragile skin, I think I may just rescue me one. Just this once..... And I actually have two choices.

Sissy, here, is also declawed. Front paws only. Seems very sweet as well.

OK. It's back to the poop scooping. And housecleaning. Having lots of company today....

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cats. Yes, the declawed would probably be best. My sister took in a cat from the cat pound and it was declawed. It can't go out anyway 'cause of where she lives so it is safe. Once he escaped (his name is Monet) but came back home when he was hungry. The Maine Coon cat is beautiful. Good luck finding homes for all...I'm too busy, too, enjoying our great weather to care about war and disease.

    ReplyDelete