"Just Tell Them...

I have worked 40 years to make the Women's Suffrage platform broad enough for Atheists and Agnostics to stand upon, and now if need be I will fight the next 40 to keep it Catholic enough to permit the straightest Orthodox religionist to speak or pray and count her beads upon."

Susan B. Anthony

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Just When I Thought I Was Safely on the Other Side of the "First 100 Daze-a-polooza..."

MaBlue2 delivered my morning news via the confluence.

Silly me, I waded in about hip deep before I got the feeling I was drowning..... in grief. About what could have been .... had we elected a true Progressive.

Even this little bit of seemingly good news for us Clintonites... made me want to gnash my teeth. Why not her? You know, the competent one. The one who would never be seen kissing the misogynist Saudi Prince's ring, as eight year old girls are being sold off to legal slavery within his country.

Thank godz I will be busy, again today, with my rescue work. Because I can't take one more moment of thinking about how we Progressives have been sold down the river without so much as a paddle to liberate ourselves with.

Who will I rescue today you ask? There are six of them, actually. All already adopted. Coming here, from a puppy mill, to get some long awaited grooming and vet care before they disperse to the four corners of the earth... and their forever homes.


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:10 AM

    I'm planning to bath the dogs today and go to a chess lesson.

    Keeping busy and sane ....vital!

    Kisses to the rescued!!! (And you for doing it...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kisses to the rescuer also:-)


    Thanks for all your good work related to these little critters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This ought to cheer you up
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1E-V0QHets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, beautiful little things. If only my cat's had better manners......

    ReplyDelete