"Just Tell Them...

I have worked 40 years to make the Women's Suffrage platform broad enough for Atheists and Agnostics to stand upon, and now if need be I will fight the next 40 to keep it Catholic enough to permit the straightest Orthodox religionist to speak or pray and count her beads upon."

Susan B. Anthony

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Marley and Me on New Years Eve



I think it's appropriate, don't you, that Stray Yellar Dawg rang in the new year watching "Marley and Me" at the theatre? Enjoyed it immensely.... following a dinner at my favorite restaurant. Was home, under the covers by 10 PM... so I missed Hillary and Bill dropping the ball in Times Square. How was that?

The Marley movie made a strong attempt at doing the book justice. But... if you will only take one in, I still recommend the book. Avoid them both, however, if you don't like to cry. Folks in the theatre were literally sobbing at the movie's end. I'm not making that up!

You'll laugh too, of course. And... if you are a typical working family with kids and pets you'll also identify. I sure did! Especially with the scene where the mom finally gets the colicky baby to sleep, and the dog hears the garbage truck outside.... Waaaaahhhhhh! Omg! How real is that? I was back there, in the early 80s, when I had three babies and a dog ... and a serious case of sleep deprivation.

Anyways.... go see it! It's worth the money and the tears. And it's OK for the whole family. (My nieces loved it as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment