"Just Tell Them...

I have worked 40 years to make the Women's Suffrage platform broad enough for Atheists and Agnostics to stand upon, and now if need be I will fight the next 40 to keep it Catholic enough to permit the straightest Orthodox religionist to speak or pray and count her beads upon."

Susan B. Anthony

Monday, January 12, 2009

Prayers Answered, Jaclyn Is Back!


Well, I don't usually rejoice when an adoption fails. But in the case of Jaclyn... I had a hard time letting her go to begin with. And the fact that she was adopted, and well loved, by a woman who... it turns out... is likely being abused by her partner .... makes me even more glad that Jaclyn has come back to me.

The reason this is an answered prayer is because the hospice I work for is seeking pet visitors. It's something I have always wanted to do. I even wrote a paper on how animals heal... years ago.... when I was obtaining my BSN. Now, I just know that Jaclyn will be a wonderful therapy dog!

So... this evening I removed my new doggie from the list of adoptables and signed her up to be evaluated and certified for hospice visits. I took her shopping for her own personal leash and harness. She also got a new travel crate all her own, for our trips to and from facilities.

It is nice to have a pet of my own that is not an emotional wreck! LOL. I am soooo lucky that she is mine! (And the fact that she is tiny enough to play dress up doesn't hurt either!)

No comments:

Post a Comment