"Just Tell Them...

I have worked 40 years to make the Women's Suffrage platform broad enough for Atheists and Agnostics to stand upon, and now if need be I will fight the next 40 to keep it Catholic enough to permit the straightest Orthodox religionist to speak or pray and count her beads upon."

Susan B. Anthony

Friday, November 26, 2010

‎"Until we deal with poverty mind, the redistribution of all the wealth in the world won't change the outer situation." (SYD signs off for the year.)



The title of this post is a comment on the practice of Generosity, from "No Time to Lose" by Pema Chodron.

Hope your Thanksgiving was a generous one! And that our nation can pull itself up by the bootstraps once more in the coming year.

This will be my last blog post for a while. I am taking a holiday from Politics until 2011. A retreat, if you will.

Interestingly, this is "SYD IV's" blog post #444. Fortuitous place to end, I think ;~) Besides... I need the time to focus on my work, which is revving up for the holiday season...

SYD

PS. The Stray Yellar Dawg you see here is named Mitzi. She came to us after she was found as a stray with a broken tail. Most likely a cruel attempt at an amateur docking. Please send positive thoughts and prayers for this sweet pup... who deserves only the best after what she has been through. If you are able to contribute toward her vet care, there is a "donate" button to the right of this posting.

2 comments:

  1. Have a good rest and my dog Boongo and I send Mitzi our best! I look forward to your return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your rest and have a happy holiday season! We're taking some time off too. Busy/burnout combo seems to come along this time of the year!

    Love your poochies!

    ReplyDelete