"Just Tell Them...

I have worked 40 years to make the Women's Suffrage platform broad enough for Atheists and Agnostics to stand upon, and now if need be I will fight the next 40 to keep it Catholic enough to permit the straightest Orthodox religionist to speak or pray and count her beads upon."

Susan B. Anthony

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Does Pat Buchanan "Get It?" Can He Really "Recapture the Hillary Democrats?"



I'll admit it. Any time I agree with Pat Buchanan, it disturbs me a little. More and more often, though, I seem to be agreeing.

Today I was directed to "The American Cause" by PUMA blogger, Bud White. There, in plain sight.... under "Building the New Majority" Mr. Buchanan tells us of his plan: "Recapturing the Hillary Democrats."

This is no joke. The higher ups in the Conservative movement have noticed that there are a lot of us PUMAs, and that we are pissed as hell. Now they are devising a plan to woo us over into camp GOP.

Let me be clear. I support Sarah Palin. And I'm OK about making friends with some fiscal conservatives. I am one of those too, ya know. A bit of a Blue Dawg.

But, I am in no way up for any gay bashing. And I won't tolerate anti-woman rhetoric of any kind. I'm also averse to blatant Clinton bashing.

I'd say I am not unlike a lot of the folks Pat is gunnin' for. And I'm really curious to see if he can pull this off.....

No comments:

Post a Comment