"Just Tell Them...

I have worked 40 years to make the Women's Suffrage platform broad enough for Atheists and Agnostics to stand upon, and now if need be I will fight the next 40 to keep it Catholic enough to permit the straightest Orthodox religionist to speak or pray and count her beads upon."

Susan B. Anthony

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Most Excellent Examination of the PUMA Mind

is put forth by Steve in KC at No Quarter.

To summarize by excerpting two of the more revealing paragraphs:

We all agree that there is much to despise about Obama, and a whole different set of things to despise about the people who helped get him elected. We all know what a liar he is, how lazy he is, how ill-equipped for the job he is, and how there are many things about his secret life that may legally disqualify him from being president, or should land him in prison. We agree on 98% of those things we hate about him.

But don’t expect me, or many others here, to share (the) recently-acquired aversion to the Clintons, or your recent (apparent) conversion to Republican conservatism. We have much we agree on, and we all are entitled to our opinions, but many of us here still support Hillary Clinton and think highly of her and her husband.


But really....go over and read the whole essay. It is one of the better examinations of the thought process that lurks behind PUMA paws.



2 comments:

  1. Swannie8:12 AM

    Read the whole thing and it is really a great piece . Gets my Puma pawprint of approval!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swannie,

    I had just about given up. Thought everyone at NQ had gone Conservative on me. Once when I responded that I'd vote for Hillary or Sarah... but Michelle Bachmann was not an option for me... I was basically razzed off the thread. (Which was actually about "women voting for women.")

    Anyways, it's nice to see there's still a PUMA voice there.

    ReplyDelete